Church: The structure of Truth and Love; whatever rests upon and proceeds from divine Principle.
Christian Science Society
206-N North Signal Street
Ojai, CA 93023
Sundays - 10:00 a.m.
Our Sunday church services are comprised of readings from the Bible and correlative scriptures from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy, the Discoverer, Founder, and Leader of Christian Science.
These books are our only preachers and serve as the Universal Pastor for the worldwide church. Two elected church members conduct services and read correlative passages from the published weekly Bible Lesson. Christian Scientists the world over study the lesson passages during the week prior to its being read at the Sunday service.
Each local community Christian Science church is a branch of The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Massachusetts, and is democratically organized by its members. The activities and services of the church are carried on by its members.
An inspirational hour
This is an inspirational hour open to our members and the community. No membership or prior knowledge of Christian Science teachings or of our services are needed when visiting a Christian Science church. We follow the order of services in the Manual of The Mother Church by Mary Baker Eddy:
- Scriptural selection
- Silent prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord’s Prayer with its spiritual interpretation as given in the Christian Science textbook
- Bible Lesson readings from the Bible, and correlative passages from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy
- Scientific Statement of Being and correlative passages from I John 3: 1-3
Wednesdays - 7:00 p.m.
On Wednesdays, one of our elected Readers presents selected passages on a focused topic from the Bible and from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
Following the readings, there is an opportunity for members and visitors to share how they have applied the example of Christ Jesus and the teachings of Christian Science in daily life.
Testimonies typically include healings of sickness or disease, sin overcome, lessons learned, or spiritual inspiration gained. Challenges met may include financial, social, physical, moral, or those from any other area of life.
Hear inspiring readings, followed by testimonies of healing.
- Reading from the Bible, and correlative passages from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy
- Silent prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord’s Prayer
- Experiences, testimonies, and remarks on Christian Science
- Closing Hymn
Oil: Consecration; charity; gentleness, prayer; heavenly inspiration.