The focus at this time is on "in-person lectures. " Branches and lecturers may decide to also offer some kind of online way to access lectures, for example, by providing a high quality livestream of the in-person lecture or by posting a video recording of the live in-person lecture on the branch’s website a few days the lecture. "Web lectures" are also available which are offered only online. See "Host a lecture" on ChristianScience.com. for details.
- Who is responsible for recording and livestreaming "web lectures"?
- What do we do if we want our in-person lecture recorded?
- What is the cost for recording?
- What if we would like to have our lecture livestreamed on our church website?
- What is the cost for livestreaming?
- Are there special livestreaming requirements?
- Do we need the permission of our lecturer?
- Are we required to sign a Copyright Agreement?
- What time will the video team arrive?
- What does our church need to provide?
- When will the replay of the livestream be posted?
- When will the recording be posted if we are not livestreaming?
- Is there anything more required of our church?
1. Who is responsible for recording and livestreaming "web lectures"?
Lecturers make their own arrangements for recording and livestreaming lectures that are exclusively offered as "web lectures," and the church pays the lecturer’s designated technician.
2. What do we do if we want our in-person lecture recorded?
Our Prayer That Heals video team is available to record "in-person lectures" sponsored by Southern California churches and societies on a first-come-first-served basis. As soon as you have a lecture date, email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if our video team is available.
3. What is the cost for recording?
Your lecture can be recorded at no cost to your church. The cost for recording is covered by a generous grant from the Solvang Legacy Fund.
4. What if we would like to have our lecture livestreamed on our church website?
If our video team is scheduled to record your lecture, you may pay our video team to livestream your lecture on your church website if your lecture location has a strong WiFi connection.
5. What is the cost for livestreaming?
If we are scheduled to record your lecture and you want to livestream the lecture on your church website, you will need to pay a $400 fee directly to our video team for this service. Livestreaming Remittance Form for Church Treasurer.
6. Are there special livestreaming requirements?
Your lecture location needs to have a WIFI upload speed of 10 Mbps or more. To test the upload speed, go to speedtest.net, and email the results to email@example.com, along with the access information for the WIFI.
7. Do we need the permission of our lecturer?
Yes. You will need to ask your lecturer for permission to record and livestream, and then PrayerThatHeals.org will email your lecturer with details and copy your Clerk, Lecture Chair and Joint Media Rep.
8. Are we required to sign a Copyright Agreement?
Your church and PrayerThatHeals.org as a video contractor will be asked to sign a Copyright Agreement required by the Board of Lectureship. The video footage is owned by the Lecturer and The Christian Science Board of Directors of The Mother Church.
9. What time will the video team arrive?
Our video team will arrive 60 minutes before the lecture begins if they are just recording, and 90 minutes before the lecture if they are recording and livestreaming. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and cell phone number for the person who will be meeting them in case they need to connect the day of the lecture.
10. What does our church need to provide?
Our video team will be using high definition cameras, and will have a battery-pack lavaliere for your lecturer that will feed directly into one of the cameras to ensure maximum sound quality for the livestream feed. This will be in addition to the lavaliere provided by your church or lecture location for sound in the room. For video purposes, we request that you use a lavalier rather than a headset microphone. Lecturers are accustomed to wearing two lavaliers.
11. When will the replay of the livestream be posted?
The livestream will be set up to replay immediately after the lecture on your church website. Most lecturers allow churches to post replays of lectures for 90 days. We will ask your lecturer for permission to post the livestream replay on PrayerThatHeals.org as well.
12. When will the recording be posted if we are not livestreaming?
If we are just recording and not livestreaming, the replay will be edited and available to post on your church website and PrayerThatHeals.org within 7 days. Our video team will give your church a YouTube embed code for the replay so you can post it on your church website. We will ask for permission to post the replay on PrayerThatHeals or LaOracionQueSana.org for 90 days as well. When we remove the lecture, we will be happy to share fruitage with your lecturer and your church.
13. Is there anything more required of our church?
Yes. We ask that the members of your church metaphysically support the message and receptivity of sincere seekers while the lecture is being shared on the internet.
If you have questions or want to arrange for recording and livestreaming your in-person lecture, please email email@example.com.